Changing Item Library for bound-with titles
When changing a title's item library in Symphony, the system will generate an error message if you are dealing with a bound-with title. In this case, the parent link to the children will need to be broken, and then once each volume is assigned a new item library, the parent and children must be relinked. While this operation can be performed via API, the following steps describe the manual process for this operation.
- Use Call Number and Item Maintenance wizard to search parent title by item ID (barcode).
- Open the Bound-with tab to view linked titles
- Open Bound-with wizard and select current title.
- Add parent title to tree.
- Highlight call number.
- Remove link.
- Go back to Call number and Item Maintenance tab and change the Item library of the parent to its new location, e.g. BOOKBOT; the Home location should be STACKS in this case.
- Open another instance of Call Number and Item Maintenance.
- Search each child record by browsing series, or use the list under the bound-with tab of the parent title.
- From the list, change the Call library of those particular children titles bound-within the volume to their new location, e.g. BOOKBOT. Be sure that there are no item records associated with the children titles.
- In the bound-with wizard, click on title following Current: to add to tree.
- Repeat process with the other children so that all are added to the tree.
- Select each child's call number record to Retain for linking.
- Click on parent title call number.