Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Creating New Purchase Orders in Sirsi
- In Sirsi, select the Acquisitions module.
- From the Orders menu select “Add Dated Order.”
- Search for the online bibliographic record for your title.
- Select record and click “Order This Title.”
- Enter the Vendor ID.
- Enter the Order type.
- The Fiscal cycle should reflect the current cycle year and the Library is DHHILL.
- Click “Add Order.”
- Populate Unit Price to encumber the subscription cost.
- Enter the Material type.
- Populate Days in sub period as 365.
- Populate Renewal date.
NOTE: This will trigger the order roll at the end of the fiscal cycle and will always be 6/15/XXXX. For example, orders from the 2010 fiscal cycle will have a Renewal date of 6/15/2011.
- Under Additional Orderline Information, populate the following fields (see detailed list of standardized orderline notes):
- SELECTOR – initials of the collection manager who selected title.
- RELATION – this note indicates a parent/child relationship or OBO situation.
- E_ACCESS - this note indicates basis of electronic access.
- LOCATION – populate if title is ordered on behalf of a branch library.
- VENDTITLE – this is the subscription ID provided by the vendor. (See the Data Dictionary for more info on constructing this number.)
- SUBSTART – the year this subscription was first purchased.
- SUBBEGIN – the date of the start of the subscription period paid for in this fiscal cycle.
- SUBEND – the date of the end of the subscription period paid for in this fiscal cycle.
- RIP – classification provided by the selector.
- ADDLFORMAT-- used when a print subscription for a title also exists. This note references the $0 purchase order associated with the print bibliographic record.
NOTE: additional fields may be used for special notations about billing, ordering, vendor information and subscription status.
- Click “Continue”.
- Populate Fund ID.
Fund code structure and definitions
- Set Holding Code. For electronic resources this will always be “ONLINE.”
- Click “Add Orderline.”
- Click “Finish.”
- Change Date ready to NEVER.
- Click “Save and Close.”