- The Data Projects and Partnerships (DPP) unit staff regularly run reports and queries to identify errors in Sirsi and PeopleSoft. When DPP staff identify errors in PeopleSoft, DPP staff will notify Finance & Business to JV the transaction to the appropriate project ID and account number. When errors in Sirsi are identified, DPP staff will notify the Monographs and Serials Units via email (cc Unit Specialist), who will fix the errors.
When Errors Are Identified
Submitting a JV Request to Finance & Business -
- Send Jigna Patel an e-mail (and cc Phyllis Carpenter) with what PeopleSoft transactions needs to be transferred and what project ID and account number the transactions should be transferred to. These transfers are known as JVs (Journal Vouchers). Submitting JV requests involving voucher transactions can be avoided if the voucher has not yet approved; it can be unposted and corrected.
- Ensure that charges are applied to the correct project ID in both systems - The Endowment Reconcile Query is run to identify any discrepancies between Sirsi and PeopleSoft. DPP will investigate these discrepancies, using Sirsi as the authoritative source for what project ID an invoice should be paid against. Correction requests for Sirsi errors will be forwarded to the appropriate unit in Acquisitions & Discovery, and correction requests for PeopleSoft errors will be forwarded to the Finance & Business department.
- Ensure that charges are applied to the correct account number in both systems - When discrepancies appear in the Invoices With Sirsi Vs PS Account Mismatch Query and the Reconcile Report By PeopleSoft Account Number, DPP will investigate these discrepancies, using Sirsi as the authoritative source for what account number an invoice should be paid against. Correction requests for Sirsi errors will be forwarded to the appropriate unit in Acquisitions & Discovery, and correction requests for PeopleSoft errors will be forwarded to the Finance & Business department (after verification by the appropriate unit specialist).
- Ensure the amount charged on specific transactions is the same in both systems - Small discrepancies between the amount paid for specific transactions in Sirsi and PeopleSoft are often not worth the effort required to fix them if they do not affect multiple project IDs or accounts but larger differences should be corrected, using PeopleSoft as the authoritative source for how much was actually paid to the vendor. The Sirsi Vs PS Invoice Amount Reconcile Query will identity differences for voucher transactions and differences may also be discovered while working on other reconciliation tasks such as the Reconcile Report By PeopleSoft Account Number or the Endowment Reconcile Query.
- Make sure Sirsi reports are exporting all invoices and orders into the Fund Statistics database - The Compare Sirsi Invoices to Fund Data Query will often identify fund codes where invoices paid against that fund are not properly exporting from Sirsi due to errors such as invoices with a fiscal cycle of “0” or order records that are no longer linked to a bib record. Fixing these errors are not an urgent priority because the Sirsi Fund Data table is reporting the correct amount to the Daily Budget Report but these errors should be addressed by the Monographs or Serials units before closing out the fiscal cycle.