NOTE: This page has not been verified since moving over from the website. Please update or chat with your supervisor about having it updated!
Occasionally we receive children's/juvenile titles for Hill stacks. Per Joanne Oud in Collection Management these books have been ordered for a language class and they should be given the Language Reader classification number.
- Call Number: Please consult the P schedules for the appropriate classification number.
- Cutter by main entry.
- Be sure to include date in the call number.
- Add appropriate subject heading: e.g. 650 b0 German language|xReaders.
How to determine if you have such a title in hand? The order record does not give explicit instructions, so please be alert IF:
- It is a children's book; and
- The location is NOT Special Collections or LRL; and
- The selector's name is OUD on the order record
it is likely to be a Language Reader. As always, when in doubt, consult. Please remember some juvenile Spanish titles may be designated for Dr. Salstad's Juvenile Spanish Literature collection which has its own procedures.