866 field (Summary Statement)
- Check the Call number/Item records in SIRSI to determine which volumes have been received and bound. Remember that item records do not always display in the correct order.
- Indicators: the first indicator is blank, the second is "1." SIRSI will automatically add this when you create an 866 field.
- Subfield 8: Note that in the absence of an 853 patterns tag, |81 becomes |80 in the 866 of a newly created holdings record.
- The formatting of the 866 summary statement in the MARC holdings records follows the formatting of the 362 field in the bib record, which may differ from the format shown in the SIRSI Call number/Item records.
The Call number/Item records may indicate we own no.1 (2003)-, while the 362 note may say, Issue 01 (Dec. '03)- The 866 summary statement should look like this:
866 1 |80|aiss.1 (2003)-
Not like this: 866 1 |80|ano.1 (2003)-
- Note: that we have abbreviated "Issue." For more abbreviations, see Punctuation and Abbreviations for use in Holding Statements.
Updated = Date of Report MARC21 character position: 008/26-31
System-supplied when changes are made to holdings information. Do not edit this field
yymmdd = Six numeric characters specifying the currency of the holdings information