- Implementation date: Oct. 24, 2008
440 field has been made obsolete
. This page is to provide guidance for cataloging under the new guidelines.
- NCSU Implementation:
- Follow the guidelines below for original cataloging.
- Do NOT flip 440's to 490/830 in new copy cataloging.
- Marcive will (for free) convert 440 fields to 490/830 as part of our monthly processing. New copy cataloging will, therefore, be corrected when are records are returned from Marcive.
- We will not be doing any retrospective work at this time.