NCSU Libraries purchased the complete A/V Geeks DVD collection in 2011. Following are the cataloging guidelines and procedures, which supplement our existing Videos DVD & VHS and RDA for DVD cataloging procedures. The complete A/V Geeks DVD Collection contains titles from four different sources:
|Table of Contents|
Cataloging Practice for All A/V Geek Collection DVDs
- In accordance with our current RDA Test practice, all new original cataloging is be created using RDA. Any A/V Geek titles requiring original cataloging should be done in RDA.
- Copy cataloging should be evaluated and accepted/updated according to our Policy on RDA Monographic Cataloging Policy
- All titles in the A/V Geeks DVD Collection are classed together under the local education films class number (LB1044.E4)
- Subarranged by title (use the regular LC Cutter table, with expansion if needed)
- Note: for A/V Geeks Present titles, cutter for the title of the DVD (e.g. Math!, Best of A/V Geeks Vol. 2, etc.) not the phrase "A/V Geeks Present"
- Use 260 $c (date) as final call number element
- Include classificaiton number in OCLC master record when performing original cataloging