- Obtain an electronic copy of the license from the publisher. The format can be Word or PDF. (Word is preferred.)
- Upload the license to the CORAL resource record under the "Attachments" tab.
- Add the license to the New (To Be Picked Up) list of the License Team Trello board.
- Create a new card for the license.
- Add the Click the "Create from template" icon in the lower right of the New (To Be Picked Up) list.
- Select the appropriate template, either the License/Amendment Checklist Template for licenses and amendments, or add the SERU Checklist Template for SERU agreements. (Do not use a checklist from any other card as they are edited as the license team member works the license and may be missing some steps needed for other licenses.)
- Add the appropriate label to the card (Licenses, Amendments, SERU)
- You do not need to add a member to the card. The license team member who claims the license will do this.
- Mark "Prep license" step in CORAL as complete. This will send a notification to the License Team listserv, notifying them that a new license is ready for negotiation.
- After a member of the license team has claimed the "License negotiation" step in CORAL, the team member will request any email conversations you have had with the vendor.