Patrons may request to be notified when access is available for ebooks purchased from Gobi. These requests are sent to the Monographs Specialist through email or blurb.
- When the Coral title is ordered in Gobi, add the Notify information to the note line when Entering Details.Print
- Watch for the Gobi title record as a reminder to notify.
- Wait 24 hours, then check Gobi to see if the title has the status "shipped."
- If the status is other than "shipped," wait another 24 hours and check again.
- Confirm the full-text of the title can be accessed via Endeca and send the following email to the patron who placed the hold using the firstname.lastname@example.org account:
- Change the wording record load with URL
- If more than three days, go to email@example.com and search your title.
- Look for the YBP NOA email, open the one that appears and look for your title.
- Click on the URL to ensure full-text access.
- Grab the URL, drop-in the Notification email to be sent, and add the proxy. –(from the EBSCO ebook page, click Permalink (right side list). Grab the full URL which includes proxy)
- Check out Sharing Proxied Links with Patrons
- Use the created draft in acq-monographs email or copy this text
Thank you for requesting NCSU Libraries to purchase the following book: [INSERT TITLE]. The Libraries purchased this title in ebook format. You may see a slight delay before you can access this title from the Library Catalog:
You may access this title by using the following direct link.
INSERT URL from BIB RECORD 856 |u INCLUDING PROXY ADDRESS
NCSU Libraries Acquisitions & Discovery Department:
Please be aware that the title may not appear in the Library Catalog for a few days.
If you have any difficulties accessing this title, please let us know.