Note: In the 852 field in this visual, the first indicator should be "0" and the second is blank.
The first indicator is usually "0" for Library of Congress classification, exceptions include "3" for Superintendent of Documents classification, and "8" for Other scheme (Microforms are often in this group). See MARC 21 Holdings - 852 - Location.
The second indicator will be blank.
- Remove any links to Serials controls by deleting the |= information and related |x. Also remove the copy number |x.
- 852 |c should reflect the "Home location" of the item record (in all caps).
- 852 |h and 852 |i All call numbers with two cutters should look like this:
Not this: |hBV630|i.A1J6
The main part of the classification number should be in |h, while the 2nd cutter should be in |i.
- 852 |x Add your initials in this non-public note.
- The MARC Holdings record for a currently received print serial that the library purchases should look something like this: Please note that for currently received, bound volumes, we are eliminating secondary levels of enumeration (i.e. no.1) in order to simplify the display.
- Note: In the 852 field in this visual, the first indicator is ( should be ) "0" and the second is blank.
- Note: This example is also missing an 007 field. For a print serial the 007 should be "ta."