Ebook Notification Procedure for firm ebook orders sent with Patron notification.
Patrons may request to be notified when access is available for ebooks purchased from Gobi. These requests are sent to the Monographs Specialist through email or blurb.
- When the title is ordered in Gobi, add the Notify information to the note line when Entering Details.
- Print the Gobi title record as a reminder to notify.
- Wait 24 hours, then check Gobi to see if the title has the status "shipped."
- If the status is other than "shipped," wait another 24 hours and check again.
- Confirm the full-text of the title can be accessed via Endeca and send the following email to the patron who placed the hold using the email@example.com account:
Thank you for requesting NCSU Libraries purchase the following book: INSERT TITLE. The Libraries purchased this title in ebook format. You may access this title by using the following link or by searching the Library Catalog:
INSERT URL from BIB RECORD 856 |u INCLUDING PROXY ADDRESS
NCSU Libraries Acquisitions & Discovery Department