- Open the Cataloging module in Sirsi.
- Then open the Modify Title wizard, and bring up the bibliographic record for the item you are withdrawing.
- Select the Call Number/Item tab, change the Home location to Withdrawn, and save. If the withdrawn item is on a serial record, make sure the Marc Holdings are corrected to reflect the change.
- Remove NCSU's holdings from the bibliographic record in OCLC Connexion if the item you withdrew was the LAST item attached to the record.
- Mark out the item’s barcode, call number, and library stamps with permanent marker.
- Stamp the item with the Withdrawn stamp in an easily visible place, such as a book’s title page, and write the current date on the appropriate line.
- Recycle or dispose of the withdrawn item.
Removing holdings in OCLC
Only when withdrawing the last remaining copy attached to a record, or when deleting an entire record.
- Open the correct OCLC record in Connexion
- Menu: Action
- Sub menu: Holdings
- Select "Delete Holdings."
Note that, as in the example, if we don't currently have holdings on that record, "Delete Holdings" will be greyed out.