Procedure to reinstate a print serial order:
Acquisition Related Tasks:
Update the existing Purchase Order in Sirsi: If Reinstated in Same Fiscal Year - Process is different if reinstating from Previous Fiscal Year *Christenna will add to page*
- On the Order tab:
- Update the Order type to = CHILD, SUBSCRIPT, or MEMBERSHIP
- On the Orderline tab update the following fields:
- Populate Unit Price to encumber the subscription cost.
- Populate Quantity = 1
- Confirm the Material type.
- Populate Days in sub period as 365.
- Populate Renewal date.
NOTE: This will trigger the order roll at the end of the fiscal cycle and will always be 6/15/XXXX where XXXX corresponds to the second half of the current fiscal cycle. For example, orders from the 2010 fiscal cycle will have a Renewal date of 6/15/2011.
- Under Additional Orderline Information, update the following fields as necessary: See Orderline Notes for Dated Orders
- SELECTOR – initials of the collection manager who selected title.
- RELATION – this note specifies a parent/child relationship.
- LOCATION – populate if title is ordered on behalf of a branch library.
- VENDTITLE – this is the subscription ID provided by the vendor. (See the Data Dictionary for more info on constructing this number.)
- SUBSTART – the year this subscription was first purchased.
- SUBBEGIN – the date of the start of the subscription period paid for in this fiscal cycle.
- SUBEND – the date of the end of the subscription period paid for in this fiscal cycle.
- RIP – classification provided by the selector.
- Add note: A note explaining why the title was reinstated – with your initials and the date.
- NOTES: additional fields may be used for special notations about billing, ordering, vendor information and subscription status
- On Segments tab
- Confirm Fund ID. See Fund code structure and definitions
- Confirm Holding Code
- Populate Funding quantity = 1
- Populate Distributed quantity = 1
Note: Confirm that the Purchase Order is linked to the appropriate bib record. See Closing or Relinking a PO
2. Update the existing Serial Control (if there is no title change)
On the Basic tab:
- Update the Vendor Title# field if necessary
- Update the Subscription ID field if necessary
- Change the Status field to ACTIVE.
On the Patterns tab:
- Modify the publication pattern as needed.
- Check the box for "Allow automatic prediction of issues".
On the Extended Info tab:
- Add any necessary Notes describing why title is reinstated (i.e. Cancelled but reinstated instead – with your initials and the date)
On the Expected tab:
- Create predictions
Cataloging Related Tasks:
1. Review and update existing bibliographic record in Sirsi, as needed. Be sure to confirm bibliographic record is "unshadowed".